Skip to main content

What to do if your employee doesn’t have a P45

Remy Van De Perre

Remy Van De Perre | Customer Care Manager

Saturday 20th Aug, 2016

You need to get certain information from your employee when they commence their employment so you can set them up with the correct tax code in the payroll.

You'll usually get most of this information from the employee's P45, but they'll have to fill in a 'starter checklist' (which replaced the P46 form) if they don't have a recent P45. For your ease we have included a copy of the most recent HMRC Starter Checklist for you to use at the end of this document.

Please remember to tell us in your payroll submission the new starter letter, A,B or C.

Want to learn more about My Max, our award winning umbrella company?

Click here

Ready to get paid the easy way? Get your umbrella company quote today

By submitting this form, you agree that we can contact you via email, telephone or postal communication with regards to your enquiry. But why stop there? If you’d like to receive the latest news about our products and services, including exclusive offers, please tick this box and we’ll drop you an email from time to time. And remember, you’re free to opt out whenever you’d like.
Back to the Top