What important tax deadlines do you need to be aware of?
- 1st April - National Living Wage increases to 2017/18 rates.
- 5th April - Last day of the 2016/17 tax year.
- 6th April - First day of the 2017/18 tax year.
- 6th April - First Day of Government new Apprenticeship Levy Scheme.
- 19th April - Outstanding PAYE tax and Class 1 NICs Deadline for postal payments to reach HMRC for previous tax year.
- 22nd April - Outstanding PAYE tax and Class 1 NICs Deadline for electronic payments to be cleared by HMRC for previous tax year- As 22nd April 2017 is a Saturday, the payment will need to clear into the HMRC account by Friday 21st.
- 31st May - Last date to provide each employee with their P60.
- 6th July - Deadline for filing forms P9D, P11D, P11D (b) for previous tax year.
- 19th July - Class 1A NICs - postal payments must reach your HMRC Accounts Office.
- 31st July - Deadline for second Self-Assessment payment account for previous tax year.
- 19th October - Payment over of tax and Class 1B NIC in respect for PSAs.
- 31st October - Deadline for paper submission for previous tax year.
- 30th December - Deadline for online submission of Self-Assessment tax return for previous tax year. To collect tax through clients PAYE codes.
- 31st January - Deadline for paying Self-Assessment 'balancing payments' for tax year ended 5th April 2017.
- 31st January - Deadline for first Self-Assessment payment on account for tax year ended
5th April 2017.
- 5th April - Tax year ends.
- 19th of each Month - Deadline for postal payments remittance of PAYE, NIC's & CIS to HMRC.
- 22nd of each Month - Deadline for electronic remittance of PAYE, NIC's & CIS to HMRC.