There are over 3 million customers using their PTA, which allows individuals to view what income and tax contributions HMRC currently have on record. As well as this, your online PTA allows you to:
- Check your tax code.
- Check your PAYE tax position and establish if you have paid, too much or too little tax.
- Tell HMRC about changes affecting your company car.
- Use the online forms available to claim, tax deductible work expenses or any tax you are due.
- See the progress of any forms you have sent HMRC.
- Check the expected level of your state pension.
- Renew your tax credits.
- Tell HMRC about a change of address.
- Register for a paperless relationship with HMRC.
HMRC will also be rolling out additional features later in the year including services like:
- Viewing a tax calculation for the previous year(s).
- The ability to make payments online.
- The option to check your employment history.
The online account is very easy to set up, all you need is your National Insurance Number and a payslip. Simply click here to start your set up.