Skip to main content

UK Residence and Domicile Review Service

For contractors moving to or from the UK or who frequently work abroad.

If you have moved to or from the UK or your work frequently takes you out of the UK, then you should review your obligations and UK residence position. The Statutory Residence Test (SRT) is a way of determining the Tax residence status of individuals with connections to the UK.

Failing to understand your UK residence position could result in you having to pay up to 40% on any overseas earnings and/or finding yourself facing HMRC penalties.

Taxation matters are difficult at the best of times, but they don’t need to be.

For just £250 + VAT we can assess your personal circumstances and complete a full UK Statutory Residence test. We will provide guidance and advice to ensure your financial affairs are dealt with in the most tax efficient way, not to mention we’ll summarise all of this in a detailed report of our findings.

Our service includes:

  • The completion of a full UK Statutory Residence Test to determine the extent of an individual’s liability to UK taxes.
  • An eligibility review for split year treatment for the year of departure/arrival to the UK. If successful you won’t need to pay UK tax of up to 40% on your overseas income.
  • Advising HMRC of impending departure (if applicable) by completing the necessary forms, saving you time and hassle.
  • Providing information for returning expatriates, regarding what further payments of National Insurance Contributions would need to be made, to ensure you receive the full state pension.
  • A review of any Non Residential Landlord obligations you may have including if you are keeping a property in the UK and letting it out. This could save you from a 20% deduction from rental income.
  • Advice on the Taxation of any UK income you may still be receiving after you’ve left.
  • Obtaining an A1 form (if required) which will ensure that if you want to continue to pay UK National Insurance Contributions whilst working in the EU, you won’t need to pay Social Security contributions in your host country.

For an extra £200 + VAT we can carry out an Overseas Tax Report.

Countries have differing tax rules and rates so our report helps you decide how best to arrange your financial affairs before you leave the UK.

Find out more

Alternatively, if you would like to speak to one of our experts on how our UK Residence and Domicile Review Service could help you, call us on 0161 923 0201 (Option 3).

Back to the Top