Skip to main content

Residence and Domicile Review Service

For contractors leaving the UK

If you are planning to leave the UK to live and work overseas, there are certain tasks that need to be completed in order to ensure your financial affairs are taken care of correctly. Failure to do so, could result in you paying more tax than is necessary, or finding yourself facing HMRC penalties.

Taxation matters are difficult at the best of times, but they don’t need to be.

For just £220 + VAT our Residence & Domicile review service has been designed for contractors who are leaving the UK to live and work abroad. It provides guidance and advice to ensure your financial affairs are dealt with in the most tax efficient way.

Our service includes:

  • An eligibility review for split tax year, for the year of departure. If successful you won’t need to pay UK tax, of up to 40%, on your overseas income.
  • Advising HMRC of impending departure by completing all the necessary forms, saving you time and hassle.
  • A review of and advice regarding any Non Residential Landlord obligations you may have, if you are keeping a property in the UK and letting it out. If this isn’t dealt with properly you could find yourself having tax of up to 20% automatically deducted from your rental income.
  • Applying for UK tax residence certificates for either you or your company to prove you and/or your company have been registered with and paying tax to the UK tax authorities.
  • Advice on the taxation of any UK income you may still be receiving after you’ve left.
  • Obtaining an A1 Form (if required) which will ensure that if you want to continue to pay UK National Insurance Contributions whilst working in the EU you won’t need to pay Social Security contributions in your host country.

Are you looking to establish your tax residence? 

With financial implications of up to 40% on all of your overseas earnings, it's vital that you understand your UK residence position. That's where a Statutory Residence Test can help you, for more information click the button below.

What's involved in the test?

Living or planning on moving abroad?

Our Overseas Taxation report is designed for you. It will give you an indication of the tax rules in the country you are moving to and how best to arrange your financial affairs before you leave.


Our Overseas Taxation Report includes...

Please fill in your details below and we'll get back to you.

By completing and sending this form you agree to receive a telephone call, postal communication or email from us. If you would also like to receive future news about our products, services and offers please check this box.

Alternatively, if you would like to speak to one of our experts on how our Residence and Domicile Review Service Departure Package could help you, call us on 0161 923 0201 (Option 3).

Back to the Top