Skip to main content

Overseas Taxation Report

For individuals living or moving abroad

If you are currently living abroad and are in receipt of UK income or plan to move abroad in the future, it is important that you take into consideration the tax rules and rates in that country, especially when closing a UK limited company and distributing its funds. Each country has its own tax rules and rates for different types of income, but it’s important to remember that there are often tax exemptions and reliefs to consider.

However navigating these rules, rates, exemptions and reliefs can be very tricky. That’s where our Tax Team can help. They are on hand to advise you of the best way to arrange your financial affairs before or after you leave the UK.

Take a closer look at what the service includes:

  • An analysis of the host countries current personal tax legislation in relation to personal tax, dividends taxation, capital gains tax and overseas income.
  • We can also review other forms of taxation, for example if you will be retaining a rental property in the UK.
  • An eligibility review for any exemptions or reliefs within the host countries tax legislation which may be available on any type of income you have or will be in receipt of.
  • A review of any double taxation agreements between the UK and your host country, to determine; which countries tax takes precedent, if there are any dual taxation arrangements, whether there are exemptions and/or reliefs or foreign tax credit available.
  • A detailed report including guidance and support from a member of the Tax Advisory team to take you through our findings to ensure you understand what the information provided means for you.

You can make use of our Overseas Taxation Report service for just £200+VAT.

Are you departing the UK for work?

Planning on leaving the UK to live and work overseas? Before you depart the UK you need to make sure all of your orders are in place otherwise you may pay more tax than necessary, or even worse a HMRC penalty.

Leave the UK with peace of mind

Are you arriving to the UK for work?

There are some taxation matters that you should be aware of before arriving to the UK for work. We provide tax guidance for contractors who are either returning to the UK or arriving in the UK to work for the first time.

Discover our Residence and Domicile service

Are you looking to establish your tax residence? 

With financial implications of up to 40% on all of your overseas earnings for failing to understand your UK residence position, it's vital that you know your position. That's where a Statutory Residence can help you, for more information click the button below.

Help me determine my UK tax liabilities

Alternatively, if you would like to speak to one of our experts on how our Overseas Taxation Report could help you, call us on 0161 923 0201 (Option 3).

Back to the Top